Friday, March 6, 2015

High School Lesson #7863

Girl sings the blues as classmates and teacher fend off attacking vampire marmots  Homeroom's gone insane, vampiric marmots falling from the sky  Yeah, homeroom's gone insane, vampiric marmots falling from the sky  School is closing for repairs, so I think that we'll all get by  There is a blues song for every occasion

No, really.  The structure for the twelve-bar blues is so straightforward that it can be easily adapted for literally any situation.  Here's how:

1.  Write a line describing the situation.
2.  Repeat it.
3.  Write a rhyming line that completes the thought.
4.  Sing the whole thing to these chords:  I-I-I-I / IV-IV-I-I / V-IV-I-I.
5.  Done! 

...So, as an example:
I'm sitting at a laptop, writing posts for my website,
I say, I'm sitting at a laptop, writing posts for my website.
If I get it done, maybe I'll finally get some sleep tonight.

Now, go sing some blues, people!  

No comments:

Post a Comment