Friday, September 25, 2020

Pan Pan-Pan Pan

Person 1:  What is that?  Person 2:  It's a pan I invented to cook bread in.  And since the word for bread in some languages is pan, I'm calling it... the Pan Pan!  Person 1:  Uh-huh.  Person 2:  And I want to make all kinds of bread in it, so that makes it a Pan-Pan Pan!  Person 1 makes a disgusted face.  Person 2:  And if I name it after the Greek goat god of the wild, then it's-  Person 1:  Time for you to go to bed.

I don't feel nearly as guilty about this as I really should. 

In fact, I could have gone further and included the Polish card game Pan, camera panning, Mexico's Partido Acción Nacional, the international urgency signal PAN-PAN, and the ancient Hindu kingdom of Panpan. 
Panpan PAN Pan Pan PAN-PAN Pan Pan-Pan Pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment