Saturday, June 23, 2012

Murphy Was Here


Number of people in the dorm when you're trying to sleep: 12  Erin whimpers and covers head with pillow, while people outside chat loudly  Number of people in the dorm when your roommate sets the stove on fire and needs help cleaning up the smoke damage: 2  Erin: How the heck did you start a fire by boiling water  Roommate holds up fire extinguisher: I don't know  How do you work this thing

The sad thing is that for once I'm not exaggerating.  This is exactly what happened at my dorm last year.  No, I still don't know how my roommate managed to start a fire by boiling water.  All I know is that I was up until 10 o'clock at night helping her wipe all the smoke stains off of the walls and ceiling because the head managers were going to do a white-glove clean check in a couple of days.  The rest of my roommates conveniently showed up after most of the work was already done. 

On the plus side, now I can find comfort in knowing that despite all the times my cooking attempts have failed dramatically, I have never screwed up this badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment