Saturday, April 20, 2013

Textbook Reservation

Reservation Pickup desk worker speaks to assistant  Go find reservation #20965  Right  He enters a room filled with white boxes  Ah  Here it is  Now where's the door  Looks back over a sea of boxes, with no door in sight  Another guy appears  Hey, are you the search party  Um, no  I've been here for five hours  Reception can't penetrate this miasma of knowledge and overpriced textbooks  That's a bit of a problem  I guess it's just you, me, and Phil then  Phil  He's been here since last semester

This, of course, is exaggerated for comedic effect. Phil would’ve only had to wait, oh, three-to-five days for rescue.  Because no sane student would actually reserve textbooks without bothering to pick them up.  I know I would have a conniption if I paid for overly-expensive books that I never actually got my hands on.  So they would dig him out.  Eventually. 

All joking aside, from what I’ve seen of the storeroom the stacks of textbook boxes only come up to about waist high, so you can see over the piles easily enough. But my university is on the small side. Now, if there were a similar percentage of students reserving books at a large school, then there might be a problem. 

But hopefully this isn't the case, as students and workers alike have other things to worry about, like towing around boxes containing 300-pound's worth of books. 
Yes, I speak from experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment