Friday, March 22, 2019

The Mandatory Red Button

Scientist:  ...and whatever you do, don't push the red button.  The understudy immediately pushes the red button.  Understudy (as they're carried away by the resulting explosion):  Did I mention that I'm colorblind?  Scientist:  The button in question was padlocked and had "Will Start Self-Destruct" written in bold letters in four languages over it.

It's always a red button that's not supposed to be pushed.  Not green or yellow or puce.  Red.  And it inevitably gets pushed before the movie or book or TV show or comic is through.  Is there some kind of law about this?  Will I get arrested by the Red Button Police if I include a should-push red button in a story?  Personally, I think a big, red button that initiates a cookie-baking sequence is a great idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment